This post explains the FavSync Chrome extension / add-on user data privacy.
This is the list of permission that the extension requires and the reason for the requirement:
- Read and change all your data on the website you visit - This permission is required for the password manager functionality. This way FavSync add-on can input the login data directly into the currently opened phone tracker website.
- Read and change all your browsing history - This permission is required for importing your most visited websites into the FavSync New Tab.
- Display notifications - This permission is required for various functionality.
- Read and change your bookmarks - This permission is required for importing the bookmarks from your sms tracker.
- Manage your apps, extensions and themes - This permission is required to access the APPS in your FavSync New Tab.
Note: these permissions are required ONLY for the functionality mentioned above. FavSync will not abuse, resell or store on its servers any of the information for any other purpose.
Unfortunately, the permissions the add-on requires are sometimes too general.
Example: just to import the most visited websites into your FavSync New Tab, the add-on needs to ask a permission to read and change all the browsing history, even though changing the history is never necessary.
Did it ever happen to you that you see something that you would like to Google later?
For example, you are in the middle of shopping and see an ad for the latest movie in the cinema. You don’t have the time to check it now, but you want to remind yourself to Google it later.
Now you can do it just that by sending an email to your virtual email with Google in the subject.
Here’s how it works:
1. Create a new email addressed to your virtual email and fill in Google in the subject.
2. In the body fill in what would you like to search and hit Send.
A bookmark with a Google search will be created on your FavSync page and you can check it when it’s convenient for you.
In case you are not familiar with the virtual email, please read this post.
If you are browsing the web and come across a huge chunk of text with links in it that you would like to import, you can do it with FavSync in no time. Use the Import from copy/paste option to extract links from a text easily.
Here’s how it works:
Open Account Settings, scroll to IMPORT FROM COPY/PASTE and click on Upload Text. Afterwards, paste the text and click on Preview.
Choose the links that you would like to import and the tab where it will be imported and click on Import.
The links will be created as bookmarks in the Import from copy/paste category.
The Filter keywords option will help you importing only the relevant links.